Stress has become the plague of the 21st century. More than 30% of European workers suffer from it. Whatever the reason is, almost everybody has suffered it at a certain point and looks for new ways to relax and eliminate stress.
Since the beginning of time, human beings have reacted to stress in two ways: running away or facing the threat. Stress was used as a tool for survival. Although time has moved on, we continue behaving in the same way. We have to learn to cope with stress on our own so we do not get blocked and feel more energetic at work.
Below, there are some tips which may turn an overwhelming day into an interesting day with new challenges.
- We have to know what produces stress to us, which type of situations make us feel blocked or stress symptoms.
- It is important to prioritize, differentiate between what is important and what is not. We cannot do everything all at once and if we are organized, we will avoid forgetting and getting overwhelmed.
- Do not exaggerate. We often see problems huger if we are stressed. We have to think that those problems can be solved. In this way, we will be able to advance instead of getting blocked.
- Dare to take decisions. Do not get blocked and take action.
- Accept that you can go wrong. It is part of the human nature, the most important thing is to learn from our mistakes. Do not think you are not going to achieve it, you will only feel anxious.
- Ask for help. There are moments in which delegating is better, two minds think better than just one.
- Take care of yourself. Doing some exercise, sleeping the appropriate number of hours and eating well will help us be better prepared in front of a stressful situation. We feel better and stronger for facing problems.
- Relax. We’d to understand that there are situations which are out of our control. Wed better learn to relax. Setting aside time will clarify our ideas.